General Ledger Accounting Supervisor
Location Kraków, Dolnośląskie
REF NBR GLAS/06/2020/WRC/KP
Contract type Temporary work
Sektor Finance, Ecomomy, Banking, Insurance, Accounting
Adecco Poland Sp. z o.o. belongs to Adecco Group – the world’s leading provider of HR solutions, we have a network of 5,100 branches, in over 60 countries and territories around the world. We have been present in Poland since 1994. In 2016, work through Adecco Poland found more than 63000 people. Adecco Poland Sp. z o.o. is an Employment Agency (Certificate No. 364)
For our Client, international financial institution, we are currently looking for:
General Ledger Accounting Supervisor
Independent review of work prepared by Accounting and Financial Reporting Representatives including:
- General Ledger accounting under IFRS, US GAAP and Luxembourg GAAP. Monthly/quarterly/annual stand-alone financial reports prepared to internal and external parties (clients, auditors, tax advisors).
- Reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Financial data analysis (balance sheet and profit and loss accounts) and comments on significant period to period variances and trends.
- Statutory financial statements prepared of the entities under administration.
- Providing feedback to Accounting and Financial Reporting Representatives after the review.
- Coaching and advising Accounting and Financial Reporting Representatives a on their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Undertaking primary responsibility for the provision of GL Accounting & Financial Reporting services to allocated clients.
- Manage and supervise team of Senior Accountants and Accountants.
- Primary responsibility for coaching and developing Senior Accountants and Accountants and providing appropriate feedback via periodic meetings and the firm’s performance appraisal process.
- Actively manage staff performance, including employees failing to meet expectations.
- Participate in the career development of staff and act as a role model and mentor.
- Timely approve timesheets and holidays requests.
- Act as a main client contact, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
- Reviewing and updating department procedures to ensure they are current, complete and reflect best practice.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Primary degree in accounting/finance related discipline.
- Professional accountancy qualification desirable (qualified or part qualified)
- Relevant experience in corporate full general ledger accounting or group accounting, with financial reports preparation or audit background (this position is particularly appropriate for a qualified accountant with experience outside the investment funds industry or for someone with audit experience).
- Very good understanding of financial/accounting principles, including IFRS knowledge.
- Excellent numerical ability with experience of working quickly and accurately while meeting strict deadlines.
- Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to work as part of a team in a potentially high pressure, client-driven environment.
- Ability to work with a limited direct supervision, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Must possess strong reviewing skills.
Strong focus on mentoring and coaching all direct reports, supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Creativity in developing solutions to meet client and control requirements.
- Must be highly computer literate with strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
- Knowledge of GL eFront Fund Accounting and/or Oracle Hyperion Financial Management is an advantage.
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French as an additional asset.
- Possibilities of development in corporate environment
- Work in global company with strong culture and work ethics
- Job contract
- Additional working benefits